Healthy People 2010 Goal Used in Modeling
Increase the proportion of adults who have received a Fecal Occult
Blood Test (FOBT) in the past 2 years.
- Target: 33 percent (revised from 50 during the Healthy People 2010 Midcourse Review).
- Baseline: 34 percent of adults aged 50 years and older reported
receiving a fecal occult blood test (FOBT) within the preceding 2
years in 2000 (age adjusted to the year 2000 standard population).
- Target setting method: Better than the best.
- Data source: National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), CDC, NCHS.
- Reference: Healthy People 2010 Operational Definition